Saturday, August 23, 2014

First Week!

Hello there! My goodness does time fly. A lot has happened since my last post, the most important being that I am now officially a Disney Cast Member! Last Saturday we had Traditions, which is the class that teaches Cast Member values and Disney History. There is also a Disney trivia portion to the class, which I rocked. For prizes the offer what they call characters, which are little Disney figurines exclusive to Traditions. There were 5 different ones, so of course I got all 5.
My Traditions haul

We also got our name tags and Cast Member I.D. which means...we could get into the parks for free! Unfortunately, I did not make it that night. However, after a long day of classes on Sunday, I went to Magic Kingdom for the first time in 8.5 years. It was pretty amazing. That moment when you walk around the corner and see the castle never ceases to be special, and Magic Kingdom's castle is that much more impressive than Disneyland's castle. I also had the pleasure of going with my roommate Sarah, who had never been to any Disney park ever in her life, so seeing her reactions was very fun for me. We only made it on two rides, but seeing the Magical Light Parade was fun after so many years, and seeing Wishes fireworks is an experience you can only understand if you see them in person. It's a magic unlike none other you will ever experience in your life. 

The beautiful castle

Wishes. Just Stunning.

The next day we had our Discovery Day at Epcot, which was cool because we got to tour Epcot. Our schedule said we would be done at 4, but we were let go at 12, so a group of Canadians and myself went to Animal Kingdom. We were only there 3hours, but since it was dead, we managed to do all of the important stuff. The longest line we waited in was for Kali River Rapids for 30 minutes because it was a very hot day. On Kiliminjaro Safaris, we saw a baby giraffe (who didn't look like a baby) named Fred, which was pretty cute. All in all, it was a great day.
Baby Fred is on the right!

Tuesday included a tour of the Canada Pavilion, and an evening trip to Magic Kingdom with some Canadians. I finally got to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It was a little like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but with Dwarves, and it was pretty fantastic. Totally worth the hour and twenty minute wait. New Fantasyland in general is stunningly beautiful. I'm very impressed by it. We also found a Restroom area in the theme of Tangled, which I was pretty excited about.
Tangled Lanterns!

The night was once again finished with Wishes, only this time there was a giant tree blocking our view. No matter, we'll have plenty of opportunity. On Thursday I had my first day of job training at Le Cellier. Thursday and Friday I was trained as a Seater, which I think I'm getting the hang of. Le Cellier in general is beautiful and I want to eat there quite badly. They have poutine on the menu! It is quite expensive, but I'm sure I can work it out. 
Me in my Le Cellier Costume

Tonight is the Villains Unleashed Party at Hollywood Studios, and I'm pretty excited. More on that later :) Talk to you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment